Can I tell you a secret? I’m not anyone special. I’m not a hero. I’m like you.
I have good days and bad days. There are days I don’t want to get out of bed and days I take on the world. I have times of amazing productivity and success and times when I curl up on the bed and cry. That’s just how life is, isn’t it?
So, why am I here? To share what helps me so it can help you, too.
My oldest son has autism. I write candidly for three reasons:
1) so others can see they are not alone.
2) so those not touched by special needs can get a peek at what it’s like.
3) to remind us all to choose gratitude as a perspective and look to God for strength.
- 27 Secrets Special Needs Parents Don’t Tell You
- 13 Ways to Get a Homeschool Break When Your Child Can’t Handle Breaks
- Do This Instead of Swearing at Your Special Needs Child
- 33 Signs You’re an Autism Parent
- Dear Special Needs Homeschool Parent, You’re Not a Failure
I’m putting together a super-duper survival kit for special needs parents! My newsletters subscribers will be the first to get it…FOR FREE! Just click the button below to sign up and you’ll be in the know.
You can find my writing other places, too. My Kindle book The Power of One: Change Your Perspective, Change Your Life shares how I “just keep swimming” when life is tough (I make a small commission if you purchase at that affiliate link). I was the first special needs columnist for Home Educating Family Magazine. My story “The Gift” finds its home in the book of over 40 special needs bloggers, Wit and Wisdom from the Parents of Special Needs Kids: Mostly True Stories from the Spectrum. You’ll find encouragement and tips at these posts that I’ve contributed to these sites:
- The Mighty – the story of how a CBS producer blessed my son
- Our Crazy Adventures in Autismland – where to find cheap social skills therapy
- Purpose Living Wife – the top 5 coping skills for autism parents
- My Learning Table – how to have a library scavenger hunt
- LAGarfias.com – the sneaky way to teach writing
Photo credits: www.nikimariephoto.com