Can I tell you a secret? I’m not anyone special. I’m not a hero. I’m like you.
I have good days and bad days. There are days I don’t want to get out of bed and days I take on the world. I have times of amazing productivity and success and times when I curl up on the bed and cry. That’s just how life is, isn’t it?
So, why am I here? To share what helps me so it can help you, too.
My oldest son has autism. I write candidly for three reasons:
1) so others can see they are not alone.
2) so those not touched by special needs can get a peek at what it’s like.
3) to remind us all to choose gratitude as a perspective and look to God for strength.
- 27 Secrets Special Needs Parents Don’t Tell You
- 13 Ways to Get a Homeschool Break When Your Child Can’t Handle Breaks
- Do This Instead of Swearing at Your Special Needs Child
- 33 Signs You’re an Autism Parent
- Dear Special Needs Homeschool Parent, You’re Not a Failure
Join my weekly newsletter community, and you’ll also get access to subscribers-only freebies! I’ll send you encouragement and tips, freebie alerts, and more. Just click the button below.
You can find my writing other places, too. My Kindle book The Power of One: Change Your Perspective, Change Your Life shares how I “just keep swimming” when life is tough. I was the first special needs columnist for Home Educating Family Magazine. My story “The Gift” finds its home in the book of over 40 special needs bloggers, Wit and Wisdom from the Parents of Special Needs Kids: Mostly True Stories from the Spectrum. You’ll find encouragement and tips at these posts that I’ve contributed to these sites:
- The Mighty – the story of how a CBS producer blessed my son
- Our Crazy Adventures in Autismland – where to find cheap social skills therapy
- Purpose Living Wife – the top 5 coping skills for autism parents
- My Learning Table – how to have a library scavenger hunt
- LAGarfias.com – the sneaky way to teach writing
I never give your email address to anyone else. I do use Google Analytics to analyze traffic on my site. This includes using cookies. You can learn more about Google Analytics here.
Note regarding my affiliations:
JennyHerman.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. I am also an affiliate of Future Horizons, All About Learning Press, Grapevine Studies, and Pick and Draw. Should you choose to purchase at any of these sites, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
I look forward to interacting with you in post comments! Please use my Contact page for inquiries.
Photo credits: www.nikimariephoto.com